Winning Designer: Barny Luxemoore – Jabberwocky Catering
Sandwich Name: Banging Finger Sandwich
This beauty led to Barny taking the winner’s title in the La Boulangère Brioche Baguette category of the Sandwich & Food to Go Designer of the Year competition.
1 La Boulangère – Brioche Baguette
3 tsp Banging Sauce
4 Buttermilk Fried Chicken Fingers
80g Halloumi (as sticks)
25g Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
1 Fresh Tomato (sliced)
Additional Ingredient Info:
Banging Sauce – 1 tbsp Mayo, 1 tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce, 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup, 1 tsp English Mustard, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce.
Chicken Spice Mix – 1 tsp Cornflour, 1/4 tsp Pepper, 2 tsp Smoked Paprika, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1 tsp Garlic Granules, 1 tsp Celery Salt, 1/4 Chilli Powder, 1 tsp Oregano, 1 tsp Onion Powder.
Method or Assembly Order:
Buttermilk Chicken Fingers
- Season the chicken strips with salt.
- Dip in buttermilk.
- Coat in the spice mix.
- Deep fry the chicken fingers at 170C for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 75C.
- Drain and put aside.
- Cut Halloumi into ‘chips’ or ‘sticks’.
- Heat butter in a frying pan then add the halloumi and cook on each side until golden.
- Lightly grill the baguette on the inside when you’re ready to assemble.
Toasted Brioche Baguette
1 tsp Banging Sauce